3/04/2006

My Vintage Ludwigs...

My 1952 solid maple Ludwig drum kit. They have been with me for 36 years and are set up in my music room now. I never take them out to gigs anymore. They have a really big sound and have been through the mill. I use all Zildjian cymbals and the maple snare from this kit when I play out. 70's Ludwig chrome snare, Pearl hats and Sabian cymbals in this picture. Nothing I have ever played sounds better than this old kit. I love it!

Peace, love and light to one and all...

4 Comments:

Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Nice drums, Ric. I love seeing vintage instruments.

-AM

March 04, 2006 11:27 AM  
Blogger Rose said...

Ric,

Hot! I'll be right over! *wink*

Jack

March 04, 2006 9:19 PM  
Blogger b o o said...

looks nice & seasoned :)

March 05, 2006 1:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Classic, Hey Kid RIc, ever tried using Aquarian drum heads? I put them on my ludwig's a couple of years ago and they're much better heads than Remo's Ambassadors. You should check them out! I found the tone signifcantly better, and the Super kicker ll on the bass drum is unbelievable. I don't know how a head could make that much of a difference but it's like adding a sub woofer to the kick! I'm using the satin finish texture coating on all of my toms, superkicker ll on the bass drum, and the focus X on the snare. Next time you're due for some new heads, give it a go. You're kit looks big, 14", 15" 16"floor, 20" Kick?

March 09, 2006 3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2005 - 2006 Lightning Productions. All Rights Reserved.