12/22/2005

My Band is working again.

As some of you may know that after over a year together. My Guitar player had left the band. Well he is back and we have a New Year gig. The music/band business never ceases to amaze me.

I went out and bought myself a Christmas present. A Sabine - ZIPBEAT 40 bpm - 208 bpm, 2 to 6 beat metronome with flashing lights display. I have been playing drums forever it seems and haven't worked with a metronome except in the beginning. Just listen to the song and play it live. Never hurts to have a metronome on stage during the heat of a live performance. Tempo always seems to rush during the 3rd set when the crowd energy is usually the highest. What a great tool. I love it. Sure has sharpened me up. Has a click track also. Being a drummer I like the lights. Full blown practice next Wednesday. I'm ready!

My Band playin' a couple cover tunes- Got My Mo Jo Workin' and Midnight Rambler.

3 Comments:

Blogger JLee said...

I'm glad he's back! and what a cool new toy for Christmas!...I know it's long overdue, but I posted a song today :)

December 22, 2005 11:25 AM  
Blogger Tausha71979 said...

Hey Ric,

How exciting! I hope that you take photos at your gig, would love to see! Ooh, I can't wait to hear the songs, I'm out of cookies to listen with, but coffee will do:) Can't wait for the chat that Molly is cooking up

Take Care!

December 22, 2005 3:07 PM  
Blogger Fleur de Bee said...

Oh I am so excited for you!. Be sure to record some selections and share if you can...or audioblog! LOL Yeah right on the phone while playing hehehe

December 24, 2005 2:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2005 - 2006 Lightning Productions. All Rights Reserved.